Feb 26, 2013

What has gone wrong?


I spotted a few sparrows
At the BIAL- they scrounge
And eat out of dirty plates
At the airport food lounge

I spotted a few squirrels
At the Cantonment station
Scrambling with other vermin
For their every day ration

I spotted a few fishes
At the Bellandur lake
In Foaming stinky polluted
Sullied water they slake

I spotted a few children
At the Bellandur Gate
In monkey and parrot costume
Begging in a sorry state

O! What has gone wrong here?
O! What have we done?
So many aching questions
Yet answers we have none!


[BIAL -Bangalore International Airport Ltd, Cantonment Railway station, Bellandur Lake and Bellandur gate are all located in Bangalore city where I reside now] 

19 comments:

  1. A great choice of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spot men,women and their lives
    Everyday.
    And wonder
    If this is all we could muster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are happening because of our own mistakes!

    You have described it well, Ashok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True and beautiful words, congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well observed and composed! I remember the foaming water when I first saw it while passing Bangalore city, thinking what it could be in amusement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such poignant words, its sad to think that these words reflect so many of our cities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful lines and nice observation

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a coincidence, I made a painting with this subject today, just yday I was at the Bangalore airport observing this scene... Lovely poem, makes anyone think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow !!! what a shot and what title...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You infected us with your empathy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:03 PM

    So very true - especially since there is enough food to go around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ashok:) Yes, I'm afraid, something went very wrong in this world! Very clever of you to bring it in a poem:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. where did the sparrow go?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Apparently something has sure gone wrong! Agree with you Ashok

    ReplyDelete
  15. :( Sad state indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the world's pretty messy right now.

    your poem reminds me of the Rolling Stones' 'Paint It Black'. :)

    ReplyDelete