Sep 2, 2012

Totally Tagged!


Tags are the perfect excuse when we have nothing interesting to post…Most of you would have done a tag or at least ignored one! If you are new to blogging, don’t get too exited. Tags are a set of few (usually 11) boring questions posed by a blogger. You need to answer them with all earnesty and then tag few more bloggers with the same or alternate questions. As a rule I don’t tag others…but as I got tagged by some enthusiastic ladies, I have to be a good sport…

The first set of questions is from a fellow architect friend Anu. This was pending for quite a long time…so here goes…
  1. What does blogging mean to you? – one of the  means to document a part of my life and times…
  2. How did you get into blogging? – I didn’t have many pastimes during my  Kabul days. I started a blog to pass time!
  3. What subjects do you blog about? Pls check “Categories” on the sidebar.
  4. Which according to you was the best post? May be this or this (whats your choice?)
  5. How long have you been blogging? From 2005.
  6. Which are your favorite blogs? Refer the links:  Liebster, Sunshine and Versatile bloggers
  1. Name 2 bloggers you are dying to meet? Why just 2? Would love to meet all of you!
  2. What is the most annoying trait that you have come across in the blogoshere? "Word verification" for comments. I hate it...please remove it from your blog…
  3. When met with bloggers block, how do you overcome it? By doing Tag posts ;) 
  4. Where do you get support from as far as blogging is concerned? Fellow bloggers like you…
  5. Where do you see yourself as a blogger  10 years from now? Come back to Ashokism after 10 years to find out for yourself.

The second set of questions is from my friend Meoww (ya, I too wish I knew her name)…so here goes…
1. What does blogging mean to you? – answered in previous tag ( I think this is the most popular tag question)
2. Name the person who influenced you the most – Ilayaraja thro' his Music!
3. Which is the last book you read? Check this 
4. Which are the subjects you hated most in school? Chemistry
5. If you were to become a sports celebrity overnight, who wud you choose ?- None
6. Name your dream travel destination – Himalayas  (India) ; Alps (abroad)
7. Describe your job briefly- Designing built environment!
8. What is your alternative career option? – Archeologist?
9. Do you really think the world will come to an end after Dec 2012? – Yes, it has to come to an end at some point of time.
10. What are the things you would like to do before you die? – build my very own house in my own terms.
11. Your views on television soaps? – Great! They give me 2 hours of disturbance free time everyday at home :)  !!

Phew! 

25 comments:

  1. All great, except doing tags is not that boring afterall. Some questions compel you to take a close look at yourself before answering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anu, I enjoy reading Tag posts of others...but to sit and write myself...hmmm, quite a task!

      Delete
  2. Well, I enjoyed reading about you, Ashok! And I had a look at your favourite posts, very interesting to read your views on Afghanistan! I am not a fan of awards/tags but this massive post was a joy to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too do the tags very reluctantly and selecting people for doing the tags is the worst part!

    You have done quite well. We know more about yourself now!

    I loved the last answer! Thank god, I don't watch any serial alone. Watch just one with husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tags... perhaps reading is easy than writing, even a tag! You are one of a few bloggers I sharing from beginning :)

    Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only a few of my blog friends still use word verification and I keep asking them to stop. They have been friends too long for me to leave them but they won't let go. I almost dread making a comment in their posts anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice reading more about your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do tags but I do enjoy learning more about my blogger friends ~ Thanks for sharing ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 11. Your views on television soaps? – Great! They give me 2 hours of disturbance free time everyday at home :) !!//

    ROFL:))
    ...BUT YOU ARE REALLY LUCKY ..JUST TWO HOURS !!!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like tags either, but I must confess I do like learning about people like you. So nice of you to be a good sport with such a genuine sense of humor.

    I've been gone, but I'm back now and glad to be visiting you again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very interesting post, Ashok!! I don't like tags...however, I enjoy reading about all my blogger buddies..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post, Ashok! Brilliant picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unique Idea to make new post... Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to be very serious about this Tag thing in my early blogging days. But these days I tend to forget :D. But I guess it is a good way to network with bloggers. I can understand the bloggers block- that is why I have two blogs - one is the Chronicles and another is a fiction one Kaleidoscope ( http://meeratales.wordpress.com). Blocks rarely run across both categories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting reading on you ashok! Your photos on Kabul days are awesome and I liked the second day more :)

    Hugs
    Shilpa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy reading your answers :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great way to get to know/learn more about our fellow bloggers I quite enjoy tagging. Great questions and answers ..... see, I feel as if I now know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. True, tags are the way to beat blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Archeologist? Bonds with the sand and stone... May it continue!

    Kalakkeeteenga Sir!

    Devi :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous11:35 AM

    So interesting - thank goodness for tags when we suffer from writer's block.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoyed this post. But please don't tag me. :)

    I never realized you were so funny.

    ReplyDelete