Mar 26, 2005

Alone !....


digital art by ashok

















Was she a rainbow or was she an angel
     Or Heaven itself in flesh?
A fragrance out of earth, I tell,
     where springs of beauty rush!

She flowed or flew - I never knew,
     For she scarcely rose her feet;
She moved like the dance of a breeze anew,
     Her rhythm - my heart beat!

Far lovely than a cloudless night
    With a million stars and moon;
There my woman, wondrously bright,
    In a grace - her own!

A simple Smile stopped my breath,
      I gasped to find my tone;
A careless look set fire the hearth;
      I thought I’d follow soon!

Her Silence was so eloquent;
    Please don't ask me how;
I understood every word, it went-
     Love, Love and Love!

I must burst out at her lap,
     One kiss and be done;
I threw myself... next what did hap?
     I do remember none!

For, by my bed, with a swollen head,
      I was all alone!
With eyes too red & a heart of Lead,
      As usual all alone!

[This poem probably was written in 1994. One of my personal favorites and reading this always gives me a smile.]

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem ashok... the rhyming was excellent and I enjoyed it a lot reading.

    The art was fantastic and gives some mood to poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:50 PM

    Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "As usual all alone" It was a wonderful piece. Looking at the art, I just could not resist smiling. May be I too had a similar vision when I peeped inside my old washing machine when it stirred.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Her rhythm - my heartbeat' - simply simply simply loved that line!!! :) Lovely poem and keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love the art .. the whirl looks so real

    and yes, a nice poem
    i never fail to notice the year when it was written

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again repeating, you have cast a spell with your words.
    A nice dream and made me smile when I read the last lines.
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved some of the expressions:) Good poetry:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a great comment!
    My picture is taken under the water!

    This picture is absolutely beautiful!
    The poem is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. naice .. liked both the poems ..
    hey .. are you allowed to take pics inside the Madurai temple ? Thought it was not allowed

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely sensuous words...nicely crafted lines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "A simple Smile stopped my breath,
    I gasped to find my tone;
    A careless look set fire the hearth;
    I thought I’d follow soon!"

    wow.. wat a feel buddy... u just drived us into that feel...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mesmerising! Beautiful and heartfelt! Loved reading it..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful picture Ashok.

    ReplyDelete
  14. everyone has said what i wanted to say..superr buddy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post, lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:58 AM

    Last para, I <3

    You were in LOU :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. this gives me a smile. :)
    enjoyed the read.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heart of lead! That was the most beautiful phrase and it stuck with me .. sheer brilliance! You should try your hands at poetry oftener.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "She flowed or flew - I never knew,
    For she scarcely rose her feet;
    She moved like the dance of a breeze anew,
    Her rhythm - my heart beat!"

    WoW! You definitely put a smile on my face too and I am now placing this one in my top 3 of favorites from you, Ashok!

    So glad you brought this one to my attention ~ thanks! It's a 'Do Not Miss' for sure! Last night I came to check on your blog because I haven't seen any posts from you recently. The last one that shows in my reader is the "Lady in Red" which I loved! Grr to all the odd stuff happening to me lately via blogger and GFC! I feel haunted ha ha! Hope things will improve now :)

    The closing stanza is brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete